Slip and fall cases are referred to as premises liability and can include, but are not limited to:
- Wet, slippery or damaged floors
- Negligent security
- Insufficient lighting
- Dog bites
Premises liability is applicable to both public and private property (i.e. grocery stores, malls, apartments, private homes, restaurants, hospitals, banks, and so forth).
If you were injured because the property was not safely maintained, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights.
- 1. Report the incident and get a copy of the report.
- 2. Take pictures of the scene as well as any visible injuries.
- 3. Obtain names and numbers of any witnesses.
- 4. Contact the Law Office of Eduardo de la Cruz- Muñoz immediately.